Friday, November 17, 2006

She got hungry and ate the wolf.

Thanks to This Twilight Garden blog, I was linked to this site where you can listen to many recorded concerts of such artists as The Cure, Duran Duran, Culture Club, Echo & The Bunnymen and more.

I listed to a Cure concert from 1984 and yesterday I listend to a Duran concert from 1982.

There was a time when some radio stations would broadcast these shows. I used to tape them. Among my tapes I've had concert recordings of Yaz, Duran Duran, Depeche Moe, Erasure, Thompson Twins. Can't remember if there were others. Some of these tapes have gone missing now but I remember listening to them over and over on my Walkman (remember those?).

It just seems like the Walkman is such an ancient piece of technology now in this age of mp3 players an phones that do everything. We can't call them "phones" anymore now can we? I mean, they take pictures, play music, they have video games, Internet, and don't forget the tip calculator. So I guess in the coming years, you will replace all gadgets with just one. At least there will be more space in your briefcase/purse/man-bag/man-purse/back-pack now.

I think I want to change my template again.

3 comments:

Dex said...

The walkman days are gone. And here I am with a satellite radio-cum-mp3 player-cum-mp4 player-cum-discman with not a single track worth playin again. They don't make music like they used to, I think.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

It seems only yesterday when we were saddled with Walkmans! How the years have flown..

xolondon said...

Good blog link - thanks!

Try Gecko and Fly (I think that's it) for blogger templates.