Monday, November 13, 2006

The Myrmidons!

So I was completely surprised when I went to check out the Book of Love website to see if there was anything new going on. I was so happy to find out that Lauren and Ted have formed with vocalist Lori Lindsay the band THE MYRMIDONS. The name is based on Greek Mythology that basically means Ant People (?) And their sound is a treat! Check out their website and hear for yourself. The Book of Love signature "bellsy" sounds are all there and I can't wait to get my hands on their CD.

I'm just glad knowing that Ted and Lauren are working together and I hope there's a full length CD coming soon.

Clap (See The Stars) is their first single and I tell you it's the best pop song I've heard recently that took me back to the days of the first Book of Love release. The lyrics are fantastic:

Alcor Mizar Andromeda
Alpha Centauri
See the shapes in the sky
I never could
Cepheus Polaris Deneb
Eagle Arrow Dragon
...and understand their meaning
I never could
See myself and feel
My trepidation
Of the Earth against the sky
I never could
Pulsing our Crystal Blue persuasion
See the real yearly Motion
I never could

I LOVE it!

The Myrmidons MySpace site.

No comments: