Sunday, November 02, 2008

Watercolor practice



I'll post this because it ended up looking like something. But I'm working on it and trying to practice (by the looks of it, I need plenty of it.) But it's progress all the same.

If any artist cares to share, just wondering what you prefer working with (watercolor brands, brushes, paper, etc..) I did this little piece with Winsor Cotman which I've had for years. One of the colors had completely dried up in the tube! Does this happen with the good brands? Is it cause it wasn't used for such a long time?

2 comments:

steve said...

This is a vert good start V - it shows your sense of color is well developed. Honestly, I wish i could give you expert advice, but I'm one to try out whatever is at hand - whatever i can find. I like Koi and Pentel watercolors - they're very vivid and strong. Prismacolor watercolor pencils are great too, but sometimes the colors seem a bit unnatural.

V said...

Thanks Steve! I keep looking through catalogs and just want to try everything in it. I'll try getting my hands on some Koi or Pentel. As for watercolor pencils, I have already splurged on a set of Caran D'ache.