Tuesday, December 25, 2007

You'll shoot your eye out, kid.



I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays. Enjoy the yule log!

I wanted to share a gift with you that a dear friend of mine got for me. It's called "COSMOS - A FIELD GUIDE." by Giles Sparrow. I love it! It's a giant book of the most fascinating pictures and descriptions of every object in our universe. So far as we have been able to photograph. Stars, galaxies, planets, etc. Perfect for coffee table, so I should get a coffee table. In fact, the book is so big, if it had legs, it would BE a coffee table. Where's Kramer when you need him?







Addendum:



I cast on today to work on yet another hat from the book 101 Designer One Skein Wonders. This time I chose the "Lattice Basket Cap." Worked in the same fashion as "In Between Seasons Cap" where you knit up the band for 20", seam it and then pick up stitches to work the crown. I'm just about to decrease for the crown. It's working up nicely with Brown Sheep's Lamb's Pride Worsted in color Prairie Fire. The hat will go to the Shining Star who gave me the book mentioned above for Christmas along with the previous cap I finished.

4 comments:

Cheryl Finley said...

Hi V,
Ooo..What beautiful knitting! And twisty, textured stitches I love! They're my favorite to make (in crochet as well)! Thank you for sharing your Yoga... it's very inspiring.

And I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. Thank you for your happy words! I hope to see you again in blogland.
May your new year be all that makes your heart sing!

V said...

Thank you Cheryl. Thanks so much for stopping by and I wish the same to you for the coming new year.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

I think I have seen that book at Borders. Gorgeous!

It's a massive tome. Epic proportions!

V said...

I'm really in love with this book. If you need a final guide to the cosmos with all the pictures, look no further. A must for any Astronomy enthusiast.