Sunday, August 19, 2007

Art or lack of it

Art, what can I say? I regret not keeping up in practice and I hope all the money I spent this weekend at Blick Art Materials will not go to waste. And that includes the books at Barnes & Noble.

My intention was to buy just the two items. A Moleskine sketch book and a suitable pen.

Then I saw all these things.

So in addition to the above, I bought a set of 48 Prismacolor pencils. A set of Prismacolor ink pens. A set of Speedball sketching quill/nib set with some India Ink. Some paper and a couple of other small items.

I already have some Rembrandt soft pastels and a set of Cotman watercolors. So I'm pretty much set with all sorts of media to inspire and create.

Now if I can just jump in with some confidence, things would flow through. However, I'm having some problems in that department at the moment and I'm feeling a bit discouraged which is why I've had a lack in posting to the blog.

But I'm working on it. I did want to sign up for a pen and ink drawing course at the Visual Arts college but it was just too expensive for me at the moment. And it seemed like the perfect course to take at the moment since I'm feeling a bit fired up about doing some of this art. It starts next month and maybe something may just happen where I'm able to do it.

*Picture taken from the Blick website.

3 comments:

Philip said...

Inspiration is always there - just close your eyes, clear your mind and dream for awhile! At least, this is what works for me - I always need to look within rather than without.

I look forward to seeing the results of all this!

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

I enjoyed reading your post, and can relate! Sometimes when I facing a block, I just paint backgrounds, playing with texture and color. Easy, and non threating, and they come in very handy down the road when inspiration hits.

AscenderRisesAbove said...

awwww i want to go to the dick blick store (pout) they charge too too much for shipping! if i were there I would get some new technical pens.

ascenderrisesabove.com/wordpress