Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Later Tonight


So tonight will be all about Goldfrapp at the Roseland Ballroom.

Since I've been a fan of Goldfrapp, they have come to NYC twice before and both times I've missed out. Obviously, the Universe wants to me to go since they're here for the third time this year and I haven't seen them once.


It amazes me how much of their music is being used in commercials today. Most notably the Verizon cell phone commercials. Both "Ooh La La" and "Strict Machine" have been used and I'm sure they've been generating new fans in this way. But is the radio playing their songs at all? How about the clubs? Well, I don't listen to the radio so I don't know and as far as I know, the last bar I went to was playing the same trash they always play. That horrible repetitive unchanging and offensive beat with hardly and melodic content.

No comments: