Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sarah Nixey - Sing, Memory

Some good songs here, namely, When I'm Here With You, Strengelove, The Collector, Endless Circles, Masquerade and... The Black Hit of Space.

I'm not the only one who has been praising the genius of the old Human League (coincidence? - And thanks XO!). It's a pretty good version of it in my opinion. This is not a U.S. release. I bought it on import. More of an impatient buy on my part. Not wanting to wait for a domestic release and thus getting burned by spending way too much for a CD. I might want to stop doing that and just head straight for the iTunes downloads rather than handing over my hard earned cash for a glossy CD packaging. But it's a choice you make.

3 comments:

steve said...

I don't know man, but that cover art is gorgeous--almost makes me wanna buy it for that alone. However, a cover of the Black Hit of Space as well--I need to ckeck into this perhaps. I STILL need to get "Reproduction" btw!! Later V!

xolondon said...

I am so far behind on your blog! I have a lot of reading to do. I only have a promo of Nixey. Does the real one have pics?

V said...

What are the odds that two Steves from the same state comment on my blog and one after the other?

Other than the picture on the cover, there are two others. One of which you posted on your blog once.

I'm totally enjoying the whole ablum btw - I love it!