Saturday, October 20, 2007

Devenir gris

Midge Ure singing his version of Fade to Grey live in 2002.
Interesting to note that this tune was written by Billie Curie at a time when he was with the Gary Numan band. I wonder how it would have sounded like if Gary sang it. But it ended up on the debut Visage album sung by Steve Strange. I think it's one of those timeless classics that screams London of the early 80s.



I don't know whatever happened to the new Visage that was supposed to starting making some new music. But there is a page at MySpace of Visage MarkII (badly put together). There you can hear the new version of Fade to Grey which is nicely done.

Original video:

1 comment:

Terry said...

I have to agree with you, nothing is more 1980's London than this song. Whenever I hear this song, that's where I want to be. Of course, my London was mid-late 1990's but my private soundtrack on my enormous Walkman whilst riding the underground or walking the streets was pure 1980's.