From Chris Stein (taken from Blondie.net news)
1. First ever Video album released for "Eat to the beat" in 1980
2. First American #1 New Wave single "Heart of Glass"
3. First #1 Rap single in America "Rapture"
4. First reggae #1 single in America "The tide is high"
5. Oldest woman in rock with a #1 hit, when "Maria" debuted at #1 in 1999 in the UK
6. Parallel Lines sold sold over 20 million copies7. Blondie has 4 American #1 singles and 7 in the UK
8. Blondie are the biggest selling american band in the UK Singles chart of all time
9. The single "Rapture" has been a Top Ten Dance single on the Billboard Dance charts in the 80's/90's/00's, 3 consecutive decades
10. Blondie appear on more soundtracks and compilation albums than any other artist in rock.
11. "Call Me" was the #1 single of 1980 in America on Billboard
lets also not forget what is kind of my favorite: blondie the only band besides the Beatles to have a back to back #1 and 2 on WABC in i guess 1981... rapture bumped tide from the top spot
WABC was the biggest NYC rock radio station for a long time now gone
For more Blondie news, check out Blondie.net.