Friday, November 02, 2007

Randomy thingies


You know, I really had such high hopes in Dave's new album "Hourglass." After hearing Kingdom, I was all hyped-up for a nice pseudo Depeche Mode album. But I think I'm in the majority when I say that the album has only 3 good tracks that deserve mention. Saw Something, Kingdom and maybe for some Deeper & Deeper.


I can't believe it's already November. May the gods of the universe stop the time so I can just catch up. I'm just a country mile behind the rest of the world.


Can things get any more dramatic? I'm keeping quiet so as not to disturb the flow of Positive Thinking that so many are fond of (but in reality doesn't really work). Oh what a horrible thing to say on such a day as Friday. And it's only noon.


It's kind of insane at the moment. But no complaints or anything. The holidays are fast approaching and there's much to complain then.


I've been wanting to do some art work and some music, but no muse whatsoever. And I had bought so many supplies during summer convinced that I was going make it flow. But I just can't force it. As for the music, well my keyboard isn't working properly. I have to find a place that can repair Roland synths. Some of the keys are not making sounds and the button for changing patches is not working. Like I have to press it many times to get to the next patch. So I'm getting pretty discouraged. I like the Roland sounds, but I may just get one of those 25 key controllers by M-Audio or something. They've got some nice ones

Like this one:


The good thing with this one as with many keyboard controllers is that you can assign drum samples to the pads (or any sample actually). This sells for under $200. What do you think? It's perfect if you don't want to use a lot of space. You can have your laptop (containing your favorite DAW, like Live or Logic) on your desk and sit the controller either in front or next to it and voila! a Studio.
Well, that's all I got for now. Time for lunch.

5 comments:

kilgorsky said...

geeting the right equipment and learning to use its full potential seems a never-ending battle. I'm very happy with the drum kit I bought last year. It's time for more cymbals.

V said...

yeah well, mine broke. That's the good thing about drums. No wiring or buttons to deal with.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Hi hi,

Have you bought the Pet Shop Boys 'Disco 4' yet?

V said...

I didn't know there was a Disco 4. I just checked out the track listing and it looks interesting. Surprised to see Rammstein mentioned in there. So I'll be getting this.

Thanks for mentioning. Have you heard it? What do you think?

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

V, I just bought it over the weekend along with Marc Almond's album of covers 'Stardom Road'. I have not had the opportunity. I also bought Mind in a Box 'Dream Web' which was alright and a collection of the 4 piano concertos by Rachmaninoff, and Debussy Preludes 1 and 2' which I was familiar with anyway.

I spent the weekend listening to the two classical titles actually.